Food safety entails specific methods and procedure for the handling, preparation, and storage of food in ways that prevent foodborne illness. Food safety systems help to ensure the safety of your food products, protecting both your consumers and your business.
This website is intended to assist you in developing plans for your facility through examples, food safety plan templates, resources, and practical information such as Good Manufacturing Practices.
Regulations and Standards of Identity
- US Food and Drug Administration;Grade "A' Pasteurized Milk Ordinance
- US Food and Drug Administration Electronic Code of Federal Regulations
- Standards of Identity: Milk and Cream
- Standards of Identity: Cheese and Related Products
- Standards of Identity: Frozen Desserts
Food Safety Programs
Cornell Dairy Factsheets
- Basic Dairy Microbiology
- Recommendations for Improved Shelf Life
- Raw Milk:Dangers of Consumption- Consumer Sheet
- Coliform Bacteria- Indicators in Food and Water
- Dairy Starter Cultures- General Characteristics
- Listeria monocytogenes in the Dairy Environment