This workshop is designed for yogurt and cultured dairy product manufacturers and is a required part of the Dairy Extension Basic Yogurt and Fermented Dairy Products Certificate Program. The course may also be taken as a stand-alone Science of Yogurt and Fermented Dairy products training.
The course begins with an online lecture component and is followed by hands-on sessions on campus. The workshop will provide attendees with information in key areas related to milk quality and its impact on finished dairy products, product evaluation and defects, ingredients in cultured dairy products, and product processing and formulation.
- Tuition is $650-$775 for in-state registrants
- Tuition is $775-$950 for out of state registrants
- Enrollment is limited to the first 20 participants
- Course is taught every other year, next course will be in 2022
- Online Component open August 20, 2020
Live Video conference Breakout Session September 10, 2020