This workshop is designed for advanced level cheese manufacturers or others interested in the advanced concepts of cheese making and is a required part of the Dairy Extension Advanced Cheese Certificate Program. The course may also be taken as a stand-alone Advanced Cheese training. For the Cheese Certificate track there is a closed book examination.
The workshop will provide attendees with a review of information in key areas related to the complex chemistry of cheese making, cheese styles and standards of identity, advanced microbiology, advanced cheese problems and defects, and food safety challenges in the cheese industry. It is expected that the attendee has a variety of applied experience as this course is designed to test overall knowledge and problem-solving as it relates to cheese making. This course assumes the attendee understands applied concepts and science as it relates to cheese making before arrival.
- Tuition is $800-$960 for in-state registrants
- Tuition is $960-$1152 for out of state registrants
- Enrollment is limited to the first 20 participants
- Course is taught every other year, next course will be in 2022
- Persons attending & successfully completing this program will be given a Certificate of Achievement in The Science of Cheese
- October 27-28, 2020
Location: Cornell University, Ithaca NY